Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Stitch Fix Box #3

I received my third Stitch Fix box last week, and this box was my favorite by far!  

If you aren't familiar with Stitch Fix, it is a personal shopping service that delivers your style fix straight to your door.  The selections are based on a detailed profile you fill out when you sign up with your sizing, preferences and colors you like.  Once the items arrive, you have 3 days to try them on and decide if you want to keep them or send them back.  If you send everything back, you only pay a $20 styling fee.  If you keep everything, your styling fee is deducted AND you get 25% off.  You can schedule your "fixes" to come monthly or less frequent if you like.


This month's box included 3 tops, 1 pair of jeans, and one cardigan in fun spring shades.  This is my first box without a scarf or accessory and I feel it was the best value because it contained only clothing pieces.


The box included coral skinny jeans again!!  Even though the website does not guarantee being able to exchange sizes, my stylist was able to resend the same jeans from last time in the next size up.  They fit much better (I could breathe this time!) and I decided to keep them.  The blue and white striped racerback tank was a great color and pattern for me, but it fit kind of weird at the bottom where the seams were.  I wasn't wild about the fit.


The second tank in the box had a polyester, chiffon front and a navy knit back.  I really liked the pattern  and it fit well, the knit back made it super comfortable.  It will be great for layering or wearing on its own.


The third top was a beautiful green knit top with a twist back detail.  The photos don't depict the brightness very well, but it's a really nice bright green.   There is a bit of chiffon fabric on the upper back as well.  I think I will get a lot of wear out of this one!


Lastly, I received a coral open front cardigan sweater.  I tried it on with my regular jeans, coral head-to-toe is not a good look.  It paired well with all the tops in my box.  I even tried the striped blue tank with it and found the tank looked better layered.  I probably would have sent it back though if I didn't love everything else in the box.   It was priced pretty high for a cotton tank top, but if you purchase the entire box you get a discount, so sending it back would have cost me more in the end.  


So that was box #3 for me.  I have had the same stylist for the last two boxes and I think she is doing well picking pieces I will like.  I can tell she's been checking out my Pinterest board too.  I have another box scheduled for next month, hopefully I get another good one!  Thanks for checking it out (and please excuse the smudged-up mirror! I didn't notice it until I loaded the pictures.  Darn kids!)

If anyone would like to give Stitch Fix a try, please use my referral code: https://www.stitchfix.com/referral/3410773
I get a credit towards my next fix for each of my friends who use the code.  

No comments:

Post a Comment